Days 1 - 3

Thursday, March 5, 2015



|The Gist of Things|

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."

Every year on my birthday, my dad asks me how it feels to be a year older, jokingly. Most years I don't really have a defining moment that makes me feel any different, but I was determined to make 19 different. 

I heard a great quote once, that happiness comes from the heart. But I think there's more to it than that. I think that happiness takes active effort to look for the good in the world, the beauty in the little things. One of my best friends did this challenge last year, and just seeing the pictures she posted about the happy things in her life made me happy. She's what inspired me to do this challenge, and I'm so excited to see where this goes. 

| Day 1 |

"My burp just tasted like delicious Mexican food." / "Same."

Tuesday was my birthday, the beginning of a new year, and this challenge. Lily, my Westhampton Big, had offered to take me out to dinner to celebrate. Try as she might to be sneaky, it was easy enough to figure out that she was planning a surprise of some sort. We went to Casa del Barco, because god knows how much I've missed Mexican food since being on the east coast. 

It was so nice to have so many of my friends from frisbee and my hall there!
"They say it takes two to tango."
 
"You guys know you PDA more than your average couple, right?"
Who really cares, though? Lily's my person, my cuppa tea. She makes my life better just by being in it.



| Day 2 |

"I like people who smile when it's raining, because character is who you are when the storms hit."

As celebratory as this week could have been – what, with it being before spring break, and all – I've been really slammed with a bunch of assignments and midterms. I've always said that pathetic fallacy fails me – I'm sad on sunny days, happy on rainy ones – but yesterday we finally aligned. 


Tones, pretty clouds, feeling accomplished make me happy.
It poured away as I powered through a paper, but when I was finally done I walked outside (in the sixty degree weather, god bless), and got to enjoy the way the air feels after it rains – which is my absolute favorite. 
This is me, petrified.






I am not a shy person. But I am really not a fan of public attention. Especially if it's from people I don't know. But when my best friend Jessie started singing Happy Birthday in the middle of our very crowded dining hall, the people sitting around us couldn't help but join in. As you can see, I was beet red and utterly flustered (yes, flustered), but it was so nice to see that at our school you don't necesarily need to know someone to be nice to them. As if the beautiful campus (see other picture from today) wasn't enough to make me love my school.


| Day 3 |

"There's s(no)w place like home for the holidays."

The last day before Spring Break and we got a nice layer of snow. I'm not complaining at all– have you seen our campus in the snow!?


LOOK AT THE BEAUTY. FEAST YOUR EYES.










I've enjoined doing my work here in warmer times, so it was kind of a plot twist to enjoy it in the snow too! (Today I did my work inside, of course, where the energy-conserving lights turned off – more than once.)
Much love to ya, International Center. 


It was good to be back at my own little home away from home.


Happily yours,

Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS