#SongCrushSunday: After A Few Weeks at Home

Sunday, August 16, 2015


This playlist doesn't really have a theme. It's more a compilation of songs that I picked up along the last few weeks that I've spent at home and with family.


1. "La Mer"  Chantal Chamberland

The French version of this Sinatra classic is absolutely stunning. Pairs well with a relaxed atmosphere.

2. "Cucurrucucu Paloma"  Lila Downs

This is a cover of a beautiful Celia Cruz song, with so much passion and emotion bleeding into the music. Gotta love beautiful Latina soul. Also, apparently, when Downs announced that she was going to record this track, musicians from all over the world flew out to record with her. Pairs well with a sense of drama.

3. "Chivalry is Dead"  Trevor Wesley

This kind of jazzy-Broadway, pop-blend came up on one of my Spotify "Discover Weekly" playlists, and it was an immediate hit. Love it! Pairs well with a need to feel suave.

4. "Ain't Worth The Whiskey"  Cole Swindell

My heart honestly breaks for the narrator of this song. I just want to belt it out and cry and console all at the same time. I love country #sorrynotsorry. Pairs well with feeling feelings.

5. "21"  Hunter Hayes

I like country part two. Hayes is such a cutie ― I'm very much a fan. A nice alternative for captions to T-Swift's "22." Pairs well with chasing the sunrise like we're wild and young, kids on the run.

6. "Cecilia And The Satellite"  Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness

This is probably the song that best encapsulates my taste in music. Don't really know what to say about it, but it's kind of odd, kind of fun, but definitely lovable ― me in a nutshell. Pairs well with wanting to learn lyrics and belt them out on a car ride.

7. "Come to Me (feat. Lauren Chandler)"  The Village Church

Since I've been missing church services from Richmond, my mom and I listened to Redemption Hill podcasts this morning. I played this song for her this morning in remembrance of the services there. I love Jesus, part one.

8. "Great Things (Worth It All)"  Elevation Worship

"I am weak, You are strong // You will always be my hope // And my soul will sing: 'You have done great things!'" I love Jesus, part two.

9. "Fix My Eyes"  for King & Country

The radio stations have changed a lot since the last time I was home, but K-Love has stayed the same, which means it was on in the car a lot. I love this song. Pairs well with an awesome sense of wonder and hope. I love Jesus, part three.

10. "Blessings"  Big Sean, Drake, and Kanye West

180 degrees from the last three songs and the country ones before those, but this song's how I bond with my brother and Haley and let loose. Pairs well with a thug attitude (or love for rap lyrics).




Happily yours,

Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS